baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 22:52:11 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > I added in rc hdparm -m16 /dev/hda
>
> There's no hdparm command in BL3.
>
> > stalled with wget at 72%, every time.
>
> I suppose you've check that that your connection
> is still up and that you actually have enough
> space on the filesystem for that file?

My connection must still be up because I was able to download 72% of the
same 61K file with wget, lynx, or links. I was able to transfer several M
of files to BL3 after downloading with BL2, after this. I was not able to
download more than 45K of the 61K of libz using BL3. Have you tried
downloading the same file with Bl3?

> > Microcom is also not improved.
>
> microcom works 100% for me. As long as you do
> the right thing at the right time, it does what
> it is supposed to.

It works for you, it does not work for me. I hope to get Kermit working
with a newer ncurses (which I can't download with BL3) but if the
downloads won't work, I am unlikely to have a lot of use for BL3.

> > Instead of typing send atdt7615041
>
> There is no point putting send first (less you are using
> a script).

If I don't put 'send' first, I have to type at (enter) first instead, or I
just get the dial tone and it won't dial. send atdt gives me dial tone
and then also dials.

> > I can type at (wait) and then atdt7615041, but no
> > other progress.
>

> No dialing? No CONNECT?

It dials, it connects, it asks for login: and when I give my login id it
immediately asks for password and enters something and tells me Wrong
password.

> Have you tried the ati codes? Do they give you the
> expected info?

ati5 gives me the same info as with kermit for all the registers etc.

I did not try a different init string yet. What does eznet use, I can try
that.