baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 21:21:29 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> > You are the only person to mention a download problem.
>
> I may be the only one to try downloading SW40 packages or files for use
> with BL3 addons. Did you try downloading (with BL3.x) www.iamjlamb.com/
> ~keesan/libz.so.3.1.1 (61K)? I tried on both computers with BL3 (also
> microcom did not work on either one so it is not the hdparam reset
> problem). I tried 3 days in a row. From ftp sites, from my own website
> (http).

I just tried to access www.iamjlamb.com/~keesan/libz.so.3.1.1 for testing
the download using BL3.00, but was told there is no such file on the
server. I guess I could be making a mistake in entering the address,
since the BL3 machine in question is in the other room and I have to
memorize it here, then go to that machine and enter the url (btw, putting
a subdirectory in your web directory could reduce the margin for error:
testers would need only go to an address like www.iamjlamb.com/~keesan/bl
to get a list of files located there - that's how my add-ons site works.
Then, they just select a file for download). This was tried with both
links and wget. So, I tried a Slack 4.0 download with links. I
downloaded elflibs.tgz - a 1MB file with no interruptions or hangs at all.
This is not a dialin connection, but a LAN with a fast connection
somewhere (university). So maybe your problem is how the dialer
interfaces together with the downloading software? Wasn't there also some
physical problem with your telephone connection at some point, as well?
Is that definitively ruled out? I'll try wget'ting something as well to
see how that works

James