baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:57:28 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > I dialed our other local bbs (mnet) with microcom.
> > It worked perfectly.
>
> So microcom is probably OK.

But I can't use it with my bbs, tho kermit works with BL3.
I have asked my bbs members for ideas on the problem.

> > I tried again with eznet up 0 for the old ISP (via the
> > university) and it got to 44544 out of 61K, 72%, and
> > stalled, just like many times before over the past few days.

> If we assume microcom working OK, it takes the focus off
> the hardware and init strings. As I said in a previous
> message, a possible cause of your problem is pppd (which
> comes from Slackware 3.5). I suggest you get pppd-2.3
> from Slackware 4.0 (n5), rename it pppd and substitute
> it for the pppd in BL3.

Okay, but I will need to be creative in downloading this newer pppd-2.3
since I can't download it directly with BL3. Maybe via a shell account
and kermit/telnet/file transfer since I have that working now. It will
take a while since I am direct dialed right now.