baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 00:29:27 -0500 (EST)

> I just tried to access www.iamjlamb.com/~keesan/libz.so.3.1.1 for testing

www.iamjlamb.com/libz.so.1.1.3, sorry

With newer versions of pine I think you can click on the link in the
message body and go there with lynx, at least you can at this computer to
which I am telnetted. Pine 4.44

> the download using BL3.00, but was told there is no such file on the
> server. I guess I could be making a mistake in entering the address,
> since the BL3 machine in question is in the other room and I have to
> memorize it here, then go to that machine and enter the url (btw, putting
> a subdirectory in your web directory could reduce the margin for error:
> testers would need only go to an address like www.iamjlamb.com/~keesan/bl
> to get a list of files located there - that's how my add-ons site works.
> Then, they just select a file for download). This was tried with both
> links and wget. So, I tried a Slack 4.0 download with links. I
> downloaded elflibs.tgz - a 1MB file with no interruptions or hangs at all.

Thanks for testing this and letting me know it works for you.

> This is not a dialin connection, but a LAN with a fast connection
> somewhere (university). So maybe your problem is how the dialer
> interfaces together with the downloading software? Wasn't there also some
> physical problem with your telephone connection at some point, as well?

Microcom is not working. My telephone connection works fine. Microcom
enters something right after I give my login, which is interpreted as the
password.