baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 mail menu

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 mail menu
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:01:44 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> > A couple of problems seem to go away after rebooting a
> > few times.
>
> That's a bit of a worry. It might just be user unfamiliarity,
> but it could mean there's something wrong with my initial
> installation.

I experienced a bit of this erratic behavior myself at first. Xvesa was
failing to start, even though I booted with bare or no autoexec and
config.sys. Then, it just as suddenly and inexplicably started working.
It's worked fine every time since, but I'm sure it was not working the
first couple of tries, and I'm sure I did nothing different when it
finally did start working. Guess we'll have to wait and see what other
testers report. I now seem unable to recreate Xvesa's initial failure for
further troubleshooting/analysis.

James