baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 17:44:04 -0500 (EST)

> > if the downloads won't work, I am unlikely to have a
> > lot of use for BL3.
>
> You are the only person to mention a download problem.

I may be the only one to try downloading SW40 packages or files for use
with BL3 addons. Did you try downloading (with BL3.x) www.iamjlamb.com/
~keesan/libz.so.3.1.1 (61K)? I tried on both computers with BL3 (also
microcom did not work on either one so it is not the hdparam reset
problem). I tried 3 days in a row. From ftp sites, from my own website
(http).

> I believe eznet tries a whole bunch of different init
> strings (one after the other) in order to accommodate
> the various brands of modems.

This explains why eznet ALWAYS works with all my modems (unless I give it
the wrong phone number of password, of course).

I will look at the man page for it and try to figure this out.
at&f works with this modem in DOS.