baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:42:08 -0500 (EST)

I just downloaded libz.so.1.1.3 using BL2, on the first try, no stalling,
with the same hardware.

There is definitely something not working quite right in my BL3, on the
same computer, 5 minutes earlier. I would like to help diagnose the
problem with this as BL3 is not very useful to me if I cannot use it to
download linux files. If nobody else confirms my problem, I might suspect
the hard drive (hdparam) reset problem, which I have corrected in BL2 but
did not bother doing in BL3 since it has not showed up yet other than when
I tried to ls something in the BL2 partition. BL3 is accessing C:
somehow, isn't it? Would it do so only 75% of the way through variable
size downloads? I can also try on the other BL3 computer to get the same
file.

It is also possible that the hdparam problem is interfering with microcom
so we will plug in the phone line and try microcom on the other computer.
Maybe the 'reset' message is being sent every time I receive 'assword:'?