baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 06:55:59 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I dialed our other local bbs (mnet) with microcom.
> It worked perfectly.

So microcom is probably OK.

> I tried again with eznet up 0 for the old ISP (via the
> university) and it got to 44544 out of 61K, 72%, and
> stalled, just like many times before over the past few days.

If we assume microcom working OK, it takes the focus off
the hardware and init strings. As I said in a previous
message, a possible cause of your problem is pppd (which
comes from Slackware 3.5). I suggest you get pppd-2.3
from Slackware 4.0 (n5), rename it pppd and substitute
it for the pppd in BL3.

Does that fix your downloading problem?