baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 mail menu

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 mail menu
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:26:57 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Ian Scott wrote:

> You can use a boot menu in dos 6.0+.
>
> The secret is to define a bunch of menu items in config.sys and equivalent
> commands in autoexec.bat.
<snip>

Thanks for the info and link, Ian. I've used the samples and info and
combined them with my pre-existing autoexec.bat and config.sys. I'm happy
to report that it works great: BL3 boots fine, and I can fire up Xvesa
without incident. If I select the DOS menu item, the regular autoexec.bat
and config.sys get processed and himem.sys and paths are all functional as
expected. This seems the right way to set up a DOS machine for booting to
BL3. I use DOS 6.22, btw. Wonder if such menus are possible using
Freedos?

Thanks, James