baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3-01.zip

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3-01.zip
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 22:57:58 -0500 (EST)

> > I am still playing with the older version
>
> That's a pity. The only reason I added the mailto capability
> was because you asked for it.

I appreciate this but it is easier for me to finish checking out kermit on
the older version before trying the newer version, since I have already
put some of the needed files there and don't want to start over yet.
I bet some other users will also appreciate the mailto: capability.

> > and cannot get any cursor (even with mouse X in the rxvt)
> > when I try to use telnet or e3pi from rxvt. Will the TERM
> > change fix this?
>
> Try it and see.

Okay, after I finish checking out kermit with newer libncurses on the
first version.

> > The screen is somewhat scrambled at times in lynx so I
> > may need to get the later libncurses unless someone has
> > a better idea.
>
> Yes, use links-ssl instead of lynx.

links-ssl won't display images for me. Does it do so for you? Maybe it
was compiled without that capability to make it smaller.

Unless I can get microcom to work, I need kermit anyway and that requires
ncurses, and lynx only needs 61K of libz (which is only for viewing
gzipped help files which I don't read anyway, but it was ocmpiled not to
run without libz).

> > DO I understand correctly that you can put baslin in c:\
> > d: e: or f: on the first drive
>
> Only if d: e: and f: are primary partitions (not extended).

I will try the newer BL3 on the same computers that are giving me problems
now and see if they are fixed. I have space on d: (hda2). This will make
it much easier to transfer existing modified conf files etc. between
versions. I will start with mono VGA monitor plugged into the computer
that did not have it plugged in before. Maybe tomorrow. First I want to
try the later libncurses from SW50 with kermit and lynx from SW40.

Can't use BL3 to download the newer BL3, unfortunately.