baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 add-ons

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 add-ons
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 22:46:37 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> keesan AT iamjlamb.com wrote:
> >
> > Lynx 2.8.1 from SW4.0, with libncurses from BL1 (libncurses.1.9.9g)
> > and libz.so.1.1.3 (linked to libz.so.1) WORKS!!!!! It accessed my
> > webmail properly - asks for cookies and logs in.
> >
> > I can package the three files together
>
> Why bother? Doesn't links-ssl do the same thing?

Links-ssl would not display any images for me. Links plain did images.
Lynx does ssl and images. I think lynx-ssl still takes up no more room
than a combination of links-ssl and links-0.90 and it is quicker to use
one browser than a combination of two.

> links-ssl is much smaller than lynx, it's just a
> single file, and you don't have to go through the
> bother of installing those extra libraries.

It would not have been much bother except that I could not download linux
files with BL3, and 90% of our floppy disks won't work with linux, tho
they work with DOS.