baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 - download problem with linux files
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:32:34 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> THe new pppd-2.3 is 122 rather than 106K. You could eliminate
> all the wallpaper

Just because you don't like wallpaper, doesn't mean it should
go. Some users like it. Besides the wallpaper files are small.
Altogether they take less space than just one module.

> and network modules

Yes, I could save quite a bit of space by dumping modules,
but that would hit the users who need those modules. I
don't have room to provide every network module, but I do
like to provide the most common.

> and have space for this upgrade,

Space is not as big an issue now as it was with a fixed 4mb
ramdisk. As long as BL3.zip fits on two floppies, I will
be happy.