baslinux - [BL] BL3 - small lynx 2.8.1rel2 package with dependencies

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 - small lynx 2.8.1rel2 package with dependencies
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:10:05 -0500 (EST)

www.iamjlamb.com/~keesan/lynxbl3.tar.gz about 500K

Five files - lynx and lynx.cfg from SW40, with two dependencies
(libz.so.1.1.3 from SW3.6(?)- also available as /~keesan/libz.so.1.1.3,
and libncurses.so.1.1.9g from Bl1).

Includes a readme explaining where to put the files and how to make
symlinks to the two library files.

Probably won't work with BL1 since it needs the SW4.0 kernel.
The lynx 2.6 for SW3.5 does not work well - won't decompress temporary
files, or login to my webmail.

I made and uploaded this package for my own use since I can't get the
floppy drive on this computer to work 95% of the time. Disks made on this
computer are unreadable on other linux systems and vice versa, even if
formatted in DOS with no bad sectors. I suspect the floppy controller.
We have no trouble in DOS that I know of. Computer, 500MHz, was at the
curb with an 8G hard drive containing Redhat 9 and no floppy drive, which
implies floppy drive problems. It also has a hard drive reset problem
which might have interfered with Redhat, and a CD-ROM drive that won't
play music.

When I copy a file or files to floppy on this compuer it won't read these
files on another linux computer, gives me a long list of I/O errors. Is
this a bad controller, or a bad drive? Once in a while a floppy disk
works in it but they test 100% good in DOS and then don't work in linux.