homestead - Re: [Homestead] big agri-biz

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] big agri-biz
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 07:24:35 -0800 (PST)

Well James; you are certainly entitled to your opinion. When you speak of
fences and goats, and plowing , and such, you have only a few equals. When
you expound upon how the entire country , except for the few, such as
yourself, will be starving and moaning and totally at aloss at how to deal
with life; you sound ridiculous.

You seem to have honestly deluded yourself into thinking that soon, the
successes, fair or not, built by those all around you will dissappear into
the ether. In three years, I'll still be on this list, and if you are , I
can bet you will be predicting, again, how , soon, everyone but you will lose
evrything, for only you are smart enough to predict the truth of the future
(like our present oil shortage).

In those three years, people in your community will still have bass boats,
and tractors and other machinations which you enjoy ridiculing. They will go
about their lives, maybe with less; just as you will go about yours;
'already' with less.

In the homesteading sense, there is much about you to be admired. And I have
tried to learn from you, to take the workable parts. But, James, I would
never 'choose' to live like you. I don't know a reasonable person with any
get-up -and-go who would. And, if you weren't hidden away from society; if
you had what some might call an interesting or worldly existence, you, too,
might care about your privacy and what the loss of that privacy could entail.

You have chosen a spartan life of intentional poverty. Fine. That is not
something to which most people would aspire. I certainly don't. And you have
never answered the questions from other list members about how you plan to
keep your land, your Eden, in the face or a serious family medical problem or
other liabilty. The fact is you don't have an answer. You have, on that
front, just been lucky. Luck, James, Luck is your rule.

My homesteading mind-set is not the same as yours. In many ways , mine is
much more progressive and responsible. No, I'm not a susteanance farmer, and
don't want to be, though you say that is the only path. generally, I just
roll my eyes and agree with you when you proclaim thus.

James, why do you waste your time belittling me and others on the list. In
the past 14 years you have casued more people to leave this list thann
everyone else combined. When it comes to sustenance farming , you are a
genius. When it comes to life knowledge, you are just another guy with an
oversized sense of self-imporatnce.

Why do you spend so much of your valuable time finding fault with others.
because, you do spend a 'lot' of time doing just that. Could it be that your
time isn't really a valuable as you have led us to believe?

I have pleanty of obstacles in life, from the gov't, to business, to health
concerns; compared to all of that, you are just a gnat .........bobford