homestead - Re: [Homestead] big agri-biz

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] big agri-biz
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:29:19 -0800

Bob, you bring it on yourself. You are the one asking the questions, bemoaning the economy, etc. If you don't like the answers you get, then don't respond to them or block the posters that you don't like or whose answers you don't like. AND, if you don't want someone to come back at you, then don't, shall we say, poke the rattlesnake with a stick if you don't want to get bit. You need to remember that it is only joking when both parties think it is funny/entertaining. Obviously James doesn't like/enjoy/get your sense of humor. Seems Gene doesn't either.

And, just a note about people leaving the list. Ah, that's what happens on lists. People come, people go. There is no such thing as a one list fits all. What annoys me is when folks attack someone on the list, someone who rarely has anything but good to say about everyone, someone who just happened to not agree with their latest shiney thing, suddenly those oh so piuse folks who jump on James about running folks off are attacking someone else simply because they had the audacity to bring FACTS, not "cheap shots, accusations and hysteria."

This post and another have brought to mind something I've been thinking of, I think it is time that folks on the list, as far as concerns other list members need to remember that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks <g>

Lynda who oft wonders why folks sometimes seem to be so afraid of the delete key.

----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

Well James; you are certainly entitled to your opinion. When you speak of fences and goats, and plowing , and such, you have only a few equals. When you expound upon how the entire country , except for the few, such as yourself, will be starving and moaning and totally at aloss at how to deal with life; you sound ridiculous.

You seem to have honestly deluded yourself into thinking that soon, the successes, fair or not, built by those all around you will dissappear into the ether. In three years, I'll still be on this list, and if you are , I can bet you will be predicting, again, how , soon, everyone but you will lose evrything, for only you are smart enough to predict the truth of the future (like our present oil shortage).

In those three years, people in your community will still have bass boats, and tractors and other machinations which you enjoy ridiculing. They will go about their lives, maybe with less; just as you will go about yours; 'already' with less.

In the homesteading sense, there is much about you to be admired. And I have tried to learn from you, to take the workable parts. But, James, I would never 'choose' to live like you. I don't know a reasonable person with any get-up -and-go who would. And, if you weren't hidden away from society; if you had what some might call an interesting or worldly existence, you, too, might care about your privacy and what the loss of that privacy could entail.

You have chosen a spartan life of intentional poverty. Fine. That is not something to which most people would aspire. I certainly don't. And you have never answered the questions from other list members about how you plan to keep your land, your Eden, in the face or a serious family medical problem or other liabilty. The fact is you don't have an answer. You have, on that front, just been lucky. Luck, James, Luck is your rule.

My homesteading mind-set is not the same as yours. In many ways , mine is much more progressive and responsible. No, I'm not a susteanance farmer, and don't want to be, though you say that is the only path. generally, I just roll my eyes and agree with you when you proclaim thus.

James, why do you waste your time belittling me and others on the list. In the past 14 years you have casued more people to leave this list thann everyone else combined. When it comes to sustenance farming , you are a genius. When it comes to life knowledge, you are just another guy with an oversized sense of self-imporatnce.

Why do you spend so much of your valuable time finding fault with others. because, you do spend a 'lot' of time doing just that. Could it be that your time isn't really a valuable as you have led us to believe?

I have pleanty of obstacles in life, from the gov't, to business, to health concerns; compared to all of that, you are just a gnat .........bobford