homestead - Re: [Homestead] big agri-biz

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] big agri-biz
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:05:38 -0500

When you expound upon how the entire country , except for the few, such as yourself, will be starving and moaning and >totally at aloss at how to deal with life; you sound ridiculous.

Bob; I don't get this. YOU are the one constantly posting gloom and doom reports about how 'the system' is tanking. YOU'VE brought up the subject of people in the city rioting for food (or water, or whatever). The sky is falling and we're all going under. YOU wrote:

"I believe we are soon to see a race to the bottom in currencies. I just wish I could figure the timelines of how long deflation/ demand destruction/supply destruction/scarcity/inflation/possible hyper-inflation would take to play out. Events can remain irrational longer than a man can remain solvent"

YOU seem to worry more than any of us about the economy, the housing market, the government. Most of us just tighten our belt and know that this too shall pass, and we'll be OK. While you are totally entwined with 'the system', some of us depend more on the consistencies in the world...spring will come, crops will grow. Economies, housing bubbles, governments come and go but the natural life cycle that is a big part of our world keeps going, totally ignorant of what the DOW or the Yen is doing.. I don't presume to speak for James, but that's what I understood him to mean by the 'homestead mindset'.

Lynn Wigglesworth