homestead - Re: [Homestead] Moods

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Moods
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:31:45 -0600

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 7:56 AM, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> It became obvious to me that we on this list are unable to have
> respectful, useful political discussion. Seriously, it devolved to the
> point where you told me to stop speaking to you, at least two members
> left the list, I seriously considered leaving the list--all because of
> political rants, cheap shots, accusations and hysteria. Do you really
> want more of that?

Yup, I've gone into hibernation until this too shall pass. I don't
think the end is at hand just yet -- though the thought crossed my
mind when I woke up to yet another effing winter wonderland this
morning. We used to be well north of the freezing rain and sleet
phenomena. So far, so good, this time -- I still have electricity but
the roads are skating rinks and the car in encased in a quarter inch
of ice.

Since I won't be mushing into Springfield today, I may entertain
myself by listening to the Illinois impeachment hearings for a bit.
Putting our governors in prison hasn't, so far, discouraged the
crooks, but it does offer cheap entertainment. Most of the other
crooks have been better at running the government, though. Blago is
just a mess. He would have lost for sure if the Republicans hadn't run
an apprentice of George Ryan (that's the one currently in federal
prison).

Marie