homestead - Re: [Homestead] Moods

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Moods
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 21:43:32 -0500

bobf wrote:
Bev, I ran across a site today that was breaking down numbers figuring what he expected from Obama's promises , platforms, etc, as well as with his stimulus packages and bail-outs (only the ones after
the elction). Now, I don't know if the guys numbers were right-- it
could very well have been wrong, but his projections were that in eight years , Obama will have spent more money than all of the first forty-three presidents who preceded him spent, combined. Part is just exponential overall growth in spending, but part is him with a democrat congress...........................................

And there should be no whining about it later, either. Before he was
elected, he spent more raised, taxpayer money that any candidate in
history. He set the precedent for future campaigns...he spends money
like it grows on trees. They say past behavior is indicative of future
behavior. Even with Ayer's Anneburg foundation thing, he was great at
spending money he did not earn himself. It has made me realize what a
fiscal conservative I am.

Bev

--
The true significance of Sacajawea's involvement in the Lewis & Clark
expedition is that it was the first documented trip in history where men