homestead - Re: [Homestead] big agri-biz

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] big agri-biz
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:54:50 -0500

> Bob wrote:

> I think small hardworking farmers, like you or Rob, or bill or homesteaders
> who homestead and make other income like bev, and marie, and Ray, and Gene
> or just people with the mind-set trying to get rural in a responsible way
> like Cathy or me( I still count myself, even if no-one else does--it is a
> mind-set)can lead to a better future, whether, or not, we are 'poor' and
> just 'sustaining'.

Oh, so that's what I'm trying to do, get rural in a responsible way. I've
been wondering; thanks for clearing it up for me <g>

Actually, Bob, you may be spot-on. My goal is to be as self-reliant as
possible, in a rural setting near enough to town to participate regularly.
There's a significant difference between you and me, though, I think. My
goal is not based on the current economic situation. I'm not wondering how
long I can hold on to my monetary assets by going rural, or to put it as you
did--wishing I could figure the timelines of how long deflation/ demand
destruction/supply destruction/scarcity/inflation/possible hyper-inflation
will take to play out so that I can remain solvent.

Am I off-base here?

Cathy