homestead - Re: [Homestead] Moods

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Moods
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 08:55:00 -0500

People seem frustrated beyond belief on the
list for whatever reason lately(hence the title of this thread-Moods),
and usually a good political fight helps relieve tension, so I was
stirring one up by listing controversial news stories like the Blogo
scandal.

A lot of my frustration is because of these discussions. Politics bores me to tears. We have no control over any of it, so why worry? And the economy... I have no control over that, either...I only control where I put my 'wealth', and that decision was made long ago. As Gene said, all we can do it follow our own path. Worrying about things we can't control is futile. Worse than futile...it leads to a feeling of hopelessness, and that leads to dis-ease in our spirit and body. You have to let go of things you can't control.

Lynn Wigglesworth