homestead - Re: [Homestead] Moods

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Moods
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:02:17 -0600

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Lynn Wigglesworth
<lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com> wrote:
> economy of neighboring states, where New Yorkers already go to shop. I don't
> understand why NY's budget is 5 or 6 times bigger than Pennsylvania's (which
> Gov. Rendell still claims he can balance with no new taxes), when their
> population isn't that much bigger.

It's smoke and mirrors. Governor Blago has refused to raise taxes
throughout his administration, and now he's sold off most of the
state's assets, closed all the parks and historical sites (in this
year of Lincoln's 200th birthday when many tourists will actually make
a trip here), and we're still broke halfway through the fiscal year.
It's pathetic that he's a crook, but it's even worse that he can't
balance the !#&*((# budget.

Marie