homestead - Re: [Homestead] List politics

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] List politics
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:15:37 -0400

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 1:45 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

> Jane,
>
> >> I'm not sure how pro Obama I am. I'm sure not dead set against him.
> >> When the race started, I said that I could stomach either one of them.
> >> I also don't sit idle when some of the spam emails that are blatantly
> >> false are sent to this group. I've gotten heat for that.
> >>
> > Rob - Va
> >>
> > I'm going to join in and say Ditto.
>
> Up at the top there..what does that say??
> It says Pro Posters, that is, people who have primarily POSTED pro-Obama.
>
> Both of you have made such posts.
>
> I stand by my list(with the exception of SJC), and I will be happy to
> clutter up the list with examples if I must, but c'mon....

Bev,

First, so glad I can call you by your name once again.

Second, I have stayed out of most (but not all) political conversations on
this list by choice (pun intended). When I have stepped in, I've made minor
comments. I'm not feeling much of Pro anything these days.

That's not entirely true. I'm pro-music festivals and supporting independent
musicians. Pro-gardening, pro-home schooling, pro-getting ready for whatever
the Sam Heck is next in this economy and world after this election is
finally over, I hope, on 11/4/08.

I'm not much pro-politics. So, call me what you want (as long as it's
reasonably nice!), but I'd prefer to learn what I have in common with people
and that means shedding labels.

I mean this in the nicest possible way. Words and sentiment are often
miscontrued online.

Lisa
sw VA
...found a few more...pro-dark chocolate, pro-red wine, pro-old jeans that
fit, pro-old movies, pro-Autumn....