homestead - Re: [Homestead] List politics

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] List politics
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:23:14 -0700

On Oct 21, 2008, at 11:15 AM, Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

I'm not much pro-politics. So, call me what you want (as long as it's
reasonably nice!), but I'd prefer to learn what I have in common with people
and that means shedding labels.

Yep.

Reflect on how much we enjoy sharing skills and ideas related to homesteading. Compare that with how much we enjoy politics.

Seems to me it is very good that we are interested in learning about candidates so we can make good choices. Seems to me we quickly descend into trivia and disrespect.