homestead - Re: [Homestead] List politics

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] List politics
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:31:19 -0800

I've found this thread to be an excellent example of reframing and folks doing what I call "assigning tone" to e-mails. They read what they want to see OR what they *assume* the other person is saying. They simply do not read what IS actually posted, nor do they, except in rare instances, ask intent if it isn't clear. Then they respond to their own assumptions!

Up at the top there..what does that say??
It says Pro Posters, that is, people who have primarily POSTED pro-Obama.

Both of you have made such posts.

I stand by my list(with the exception of SJC), and I will be happy to
clutter up the list with examples if I must, but c'mon....

I could have said, "Rob(becida), there are more Pro-Obama posters than
there are Anti-Obama posters", and left it at that. Had I said there
are 9 pro and 8 against, people would have wanted me to name names. So,
I named names and used the archives to justify how I categorized people.

If you want me to post examples, I will, but after this post/thread, I'm
done. I'll be happy to discuss my views off list to anyone who wants to
discuss stuff.

Bev

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda