homestead - Re: [Homestead] List politics

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] List politics
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:27:27 -0400

> Up at the top there..what does that say??
> It says Pro Posters, that is, people who have primarily POSTED pro-Obama.

It's not really a big deal what I get pegged as. I'll take pro-Obama
if that is the label I get handed. My post was really to say that a
lot of my posts have been to balance some of the thinking.

Example: Rev. Wright. I posted that I don't think that if one read the
entire transcript of the "GD America" sermon, it would be seen as over
the top. In my mind, that is not supporting O, it was a vain attempt
to get list members to read the transcript and comprehend the words.

What happened in that instance is that people when off on a tangent.
Not one person said that they read the sermon and then reacted, they
just reacted. For years and years, I've stayed out of the political
threads on this list. I even unsubbed because of them once. One thing
I used to think is that there was at least some informed, thoughtful
posting of HOMESTEADERS thoughts on politics. I still see that, but
not as much as years past.

Lisa mentioned Anderson and 1980. That was my first year to vote, too.
I was an Anderson guy! Seems like so long ago.

Rob - Va