homestead - Re: [Homestead] List politics

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] List politics
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:10:16 -0400

SJC wrote:
EarthNSky wrote:
Pro Posters: Gene, Rob, Rob, Marie, Don, Lisa, Moon, Jerry, Susan
Jane,
Hey, you putting words in my mouth?

Last night, when I wrote that, I could have SWORN I saw a post where in
the last few lines, you said you would be voting for Obama. I was
trying to be very careful to make sure I did not do something like this,
but apparently I was not careful enough as today, I cannot find such, so
I don't know what happened. I did, however, in looking for what I
thought I saw, see the following posts in which you did not straight out
say you would vote for Obama, but from which I gleaned that you lean a
bit left of center(which is fine, of course) and from that I made the
jump(Bad Bev-should have known better!) that you would be voting for Obama.

[Homestead] Disappointed in Obama
Sat Aug 23 13:52:32 EDT 2008

[Homestead] was Reading the bailout bill, now Maine politics
Thu Oct 2 20:57:10 EDT 2008

[Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin
Mon Oct 20 00:22:08 EDT 2008

I do not recall saying I am, or was, pro-Obama. I am strongly anti-McCain, no doubt of that. It's my opinion that he's no hero; in
fact, I consider the man a sociopath, based on personal,
longstanding knowledge, but that doesn't mean I'm pro anybody, simply
that I think McCain is a dangerous alternative. Not liking one
candidate doesn't mean I necessarily like another. So far the best
thing I can say about Obama is that he knows how to give a good
speech. Not interview, speech.

If you will re-read what I wrote, I said the list falls into those
Pro-Obama and Anti-Obama. Part of my criteria, as you might gather from
my comments under Lynn's name, was to have written anti-McCain/Palin
posts.
I included myself as Anti-Obama, but that certainly does not mean I am
pro-McCain. I think Lynda and James and others fall into that category,
too.
*****Obviously, I equated-wrongly-that anti-McCain sentiment is the same
as Pro-Obama sentiment. That may or may not be true generally, and
specifically, you are saying it is not true for you. I accept that as I
certainly would not want anyone assuming I am pro-McCain just because I
post Anti-Obama things.

So if you just want to poke fun, or whatever, have at it, but please
don't present your opinion about someone else's belief as accurate unless you qualify it as a joke/whatever. In other words, from my point of view, you are welcome to believe anything you like about my
ideas, but please don't present your opinions as my truth.

That was not my intention.

Also, you say ".......posts are just as irritating to some people as
the Anti-Obama posts are to........". Well, that makes me think for
a minute.

I see and read every day, not only on this list, but in many places,
things that are in direct opposition to my thoughts, feelings,
beliefs. It doesn't occur to me to be irritated.

Perhaps, Susan Jane, you are more tolerant than some people.

Of course people think
different things. That's what they do; each of us IS different, with
different backgrounds and experiences, whatever. I'm a just curious
person, and find the very interchange of ideas to be of interest to
me, regardless of another's viewpoint.

Me too. At least we can agree on that.

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda