homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ford Diesel Makes Steam. UH - OH !!!

  • From: Roy Morgan <k1lky AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ford Diesel Makes Steam. UH - OH !!!
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 22:43:22 -0400

On Oct 20, 2008, at 3:15 PM, Lynda wrote:

Cracked head or block OR, you can hope for, a blown gasket between the head
and the block.

Lynda,

Ugh. I hope not.. I think it's some seal, not cracked metal or gasket. It's intermittent, sometimes there, some times not. Might be the EGR cooler, Bev's husband says. I have to find out what that is, and not just assume.

This engine is fairly complicated: it has a turbo in it and is a 2004, so is bound to have other stuff, too.

I am fervently hoping it's not too expensive to fix.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky AT earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.