homestead - Re: [Homestead] List politics

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] List politics
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 01:14:12 -0400

Rob wrote:
Hi Folks, I just deleted almost 150 posts and a LOT of them were
political. It sure is tough for those of us on this list who think
the republicans have to go, there are so many posting anti-Obama
people it's not even funny.

It's tough for us Anti-Obama people to see all of you Pro-Obama people
being so misled <vbg>...

Pro Posters: Gene, Rob, Rob, Marie, Don, Lisa, Moon, Jerry, Susan Jane,

Anti Posters: James, Bev, Lynda, Bob, Ray, Warren, Drew, JohnnyReb

That is 9 to 8.

Lynn, I'm not sure about.....she's never really said negative things
about Obama, just like she has never said positive things about McCain..
I apologize if I have put anyone in a wrong column. I just looked at the
archives to see what kinds of things you posted.

This list has historically been very left leaning and liberal. I
certainly wouldn't call it conservative now, but it is more balanced.
There has also been much said about hate being spewed on the list, but I
would like to remind y'all of the hate and disgust directed at Bush over
the last 4 or 5 years. Everyone bashes Bush because it feels safe, it's
the majority and popular view. We all want change. Anger and hate,
anger and hate. All I am saying is before we point fingers at each
other, perhaps we ought to look at our own actions. We can learn to
tolerate ideas not our own by reading and not deleting. If we delete,
then we are closing our mind to the opinions of another, specifically
another whose opinion we know is contrary to ours.

To you personally, Rob, I know you are angry with Bush, and you have
every right to be, but realize that your anti-Bush, anti-Palin, posts
are just as irritating to some people as the Anti-Obama posts are to
you. Suffering is suffering.
Everyone who comes here has traveled a different path. We see things
differently. You see the economic mess as the fault of Bush, I see the
mess as the fault of Frank and Pelosi, etc. In reality, we are both
probably right, and intellectually we know that, but we still take it
out (using our vote) on the party we fault. That is human nature.

I am sorry that you are upset. I do know how you feel. Personally, I
believe Obama will be our next President. I don't like that, but what I
am hoping is that over time, I begin to see in him what all of you see
in him, so that I might tolerate him better and suffer less distress
over his election. By caring enough to post my opinion and read yours
and respond to that, I am learning from you. I am just speaking for
myself here.

Bev

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda