homestead - Re: [Homestead] List politics

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] List politics
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:14:41 -0500

> I stand by my list(with the exception of SJC), and I will be happy to
> clutter up the list with examples if I must, but c'mon....
>
> I could have said, "Rob(becida), there are more Pro-Obama posters than
> there are Anti-Obama posters", and left it at that. Had I said there
> are 9 pro and 8 against, people would have wanted me to name names. So,
> I named names and used the archives to justify how I categorized people.

You did fine, Bev, in my insignificant opinion. I understand why Sarah
Jane was riled, though. For years, I've been snapping at people who
think that just because I'm a commie, pinko, subversive, I might want
to ban guns. (Though, I'm beginning to think that maybe gun safety
courses should be mandatory -- sort of like driver's ed -- so I don't
get shot during hunting season by some moron who thinks being an
American makes him competent with firearms.)

Marie