homestead - Re: [Homestead] List politics

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] List politics
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 07:47:05 -0700

On Oct 21, 2008, at 6:32 AM, SJC wrote:

I realized recently that I too am maybe more cynical than anything
else. The first time I felt that was near the end of the last election,
and this time it's really sinking in.

It's a sorry thing to contemplate, and leaves one feeling powerless.

You are a powerful sovereign person.

1. Votes count. Remember Florida.

2. Your vote at the checkout counter may well be more powerful than in the election booth.

3. The example of your life will be an influence on someone.