baslinux - Re: [BL] dosemu

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dosemu
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 13:57:01 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, David Moberg wrote:

On 8/8/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

Could you dial with linux and then use Arachne online?

No. I haven't yet worked out how to access the ports from dosemu.

Why do you need to access ports if you are already online with a linux
dialer?

Because Arachne needs to dial in first and has no way (that I know of) of
accessing the Linux PPP connection?

I have been using the Arachne dialer (miniterm) with lynx for DOS. Arachne specifies things like DNS numbers and port in arachne.cfg, and also I think some other things relevant to Arachne being online.
Arachne works offline. So this is two related pieces - dialer and browser. Leading me to think you could use just the browser, online, after dialing with linux.

If arachne.cfg matched the eznet config file, might Arachne be able to use the linux ppp connection? Has anyone actually tried it?

Pictview was perfect for the job and easy to set up, but I had to run it
and WP51 on two computers under DOS. I will try running both Pictview
and WP51 under xdosemu, in two 'workspaces' so as to use full-screen
mode.
And switching between them. How do you switch workspaces with icewm and
no mouse?.

Ctrl+Alt+Right and Left supposedly tab backward and forward.

Thanks. I will try zgv in workspace 1 and xdosemu/WP51 in 2. Or maybe in two windows in one workspace if I can figure out how to make one 80 columns.

[ ] worked with zgv. I don't know why but it starts with the lowest resolution (640). The next one (800?) scrambled my screen, one after that (1024) worked. My monitor won't do 1280. I think there is some zgv config file you can use to specify the default. I need the man file.
/ for options did not work. --help did

I wonder why, when FreeDOS is set up for SB16.

Because I don't think it imitates an OPL3. So only regular audio works IIRC.
I thought you had some Timidity-like application for DOS, Ron?

Cubic?

David