baslinux - Re: [BL] dosemu

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dosemu
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 14:13:28 -0700

On 8/9/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> and
> >
> > Ctrl+Alt+Right and Left supposedly tab backward and forward.
> > David
>
> I can use the menu (Ctrl-Esc, Windows, arrow down, Enter).
>
> My keyboard does not have a Right or Left key - what do you mean here?

Most keyboards that I've seen have a set of arrow keys (separate from the
number pad): up, right, left, down. Perhaps there is a way to remap the keys.

> I tried Ctrl-Rightalt or -Leftalt.
>
> I had an older dosemu here and installed your new one and it give me error
> messages when I load it or try to exitemu.

Probably because the new dosemu found the old installation area and is trying
to use those .com files.

> Builtins plugin version mismatch. Found 0, required 2.

The exitemu command needs to be compatible with the dosemu which you
are using.

> Any ideas of how to fix this without downloading the old tgz again to look
> inside it?

rm -rf /root/dosemu /root/.dosemu

(After a backup, if necessary!)

Then run dosemu again and it should prompt where to install.

David