baslinux - Re: [BL] dosemu

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dosemu
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 19:38:49 +0000 (UTC)

With dosemu running I tried to exit X with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace and I now
have a turquoise screen with green stripe at the top and cannot use either
of my two VGA vts. ps shows that X is not running. Reboot linux? Is
there a better fix for getting back VGA?

It won't reboot either. Power switch still works.
Check forced.... It took a while to even start checking.

I just had the same problem WITHOUT dosemu running when I tried to 'logout' using the icewm menu instead of Ctrl-Alt-Backspace. Tseng video.
From vt1 I could startX in vt5, which replaced the turquoise/green screen,
but vt3 and vt4 are still not available. vt2 works on the TTL monitor.

Why is 'logout' causing this problem?

zgv does not run in a box in X, not surprisingly. X goes away but comes back when I exit zgv. I can use it in another vt (when I get them working again).

I changed the icem menu from xterm to rxvt. It works fine. I did not install an xterm in BL2.

I set up another rxvt and can toggle between them with Alt-Tab after clicking on both of them first (otherwise I get the original rxvt that I used to start dosemu).

This is fun!