baslinux - Re: [BL] dosemu

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dosemu
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:22:48 -0700

On 8/8/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> >> Could you dial with linux and then use Arachne online?
> >
> > No. I haven't yet worked out how to access the ports from dosemu.
>
> Why do you need to access ports if you are already online with a linux
> dialer?

Because Arachne needs to dial in first and has no way (that I know of) of
accessing the Linux PPP connection?

> >> Pictview was perfect for the job and easy to set up, but I had to run it
> >> and WP51 on two computers under DOS. I will try running both Pictview
> >> and WP51 under xdosemu, in two 'workspaces' so as to use full-screen
> mode.
> >> And switching between them. How do you switch workspaces with icewm and
> >> no mouse?.

Ctrl+Alt+Right and Left supposedly tab backward and forward.

> > I haven't been able to get MIDIs to play under dosemu. :(
>
> I wonder why, when FreeDOS is set up for SB16.

Because I don't think it imitates an OPL3. So only regular audio works IIRC.
I thought you had some Timidity-like application for DOS, Ron?

David