baslinux - Re: [BL] dosemu

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dosemu
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 23:15:21 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, David Moberg wrote:

On 8/9/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
And switching between them. How do you switch workspaces with icewm
and
no mouse?.

Ctrl+Alt+Right and Left supposedly tab backward and forward.
David

I can use the menu (Ctrl-Esc, Windows, arrow down, Enter).

My keyboard does not have a Right or Left key - what do you mean here?

Most keyboards that I've seen have a set of arrow keys (separate from the
number pad): up, right, left, down. Perhaps there is a way to remap the keys.

I tried Ctrl-Rightalt or -Leftalt.

The number pad right and left arrows work, thanks. First I used the menu to set up programs in both workspaces.

I had an older dosemu here and installed your new one and it give me error
messages when I load it or try to exitemu.

Probably because the new dosemu found the old installation area and is trying
to use those .com files.

I did get some more error messages about .com files while trying to exitemu.

I installed the old one without installpkg. I still don't know where it is hiding but copying over /root/dosemu worked.

Builtins plugin version mismatch. Fou

The exitemu command needs to be compatible with the dosemu which you
are using.

Any ideas of how to fix this without downloading the old tgz again to look
inside it?

rm -rf /root/dosemu /root/.dosemu

I did not see the /root/.dosemu files in my find -name search.

I just removed the files from Dec. and left the new ones there.

(After a backup, if necessary!)

Then run dosemu again and it should prompt where to install.

Thanks as always.

I need to replace my Tseng (VESA 2.0) card in order for Xvesa to work properly in this computer, but I just discovered that you CAN view both a text screen (TTL) and a graphical screen (VGA - zgv) at the same time.
The Tseng also only does 1280 and zgv did 1600 on the other computer with an S3 card, which I need to view a whole column of text at once.

mdacon does not show inverse video either. No underline. Just bold. It is not ideal, but nice to have anyway. I will have to use xdosemu in translations with underlines.

I am temporarily displaying with zgv on one computer and using WP in DOS on the other until I change the card.

David