baslinux - [BL] bouncing

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] bouncing
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 02:19:13 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 RandumAri AT netscape.net wrote:

I don't know if you're the person to send this to, but my BasLinux=20
mailing list subscription was "disabled due to excessive bounces." Do=20
you know what this means or how I can stop it from happening? If not,=20
could you post this to the mailing list? I want to prevent it from=20
happenning again before I re-enable my account. Thanks! -Lazarith

Your membership in the mailing list BasLinux has been disabled due to
excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
08-Aug-2005. You will not get any more messages from this list until
you re-enable your membership. You will receive 1 more reminders like
this before your membership in the list is deleted.

To re-enable your membership, you can simply respond to this message
(leaving the Subject: line intact), or visit the confirmation page
at=E2=

I had to set up another account to get baslinux mail because the one I
usually use was too slow and the ibiblio mailer would not wait for it.
That is why I have an sdf.lonestar account. They are free for the first
month (or three) and then $1 (which gives them time to get your dollar)
for as long as you use it (one time fee). telnet to sdf.lonestar.org and
sign up for free.

It is also possible that your netscape account is using some sort of spam
filter that catches mail from here. I never lost anything from the list.

I will forward your question to the list and feel free to send me anything
else you want posted. Other people have done the same for me.

BL is the first linux I ever used, starting about 3 years ago, and I have
made many of the more common mistakes already.