baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.01

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.01
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:45:08 -0500

> > Why does it matter where "DOS" is?
>
> BL3 needs to find the baslin directory on your DOS drive. 3.00 looked
> for it only on /dev/hda1 (the normal location for C:). However, DrDOS
> puts C: somewhere else (/dev/hda4 or /dev/hda3 apparently). So, 3.01
> now looks on several different partitions for \baslin. But I'm not
> sure it actually works on those other partitions because I haven't
> tested it myself. Hopefully, some users with DOS partitions on hda2,
> hda3, hda4, hdb1, hdc1 or hdd1 will try it on those and tell us it if
> works.

Thanks, Steven.

So we just need to put the \baslin directory on the root of any DOS-
format logical drive (as long as it's hda2, hda3, hda4, hdb1, hdc1 or
hdd1)? It doesn't have to be the drive the computer boots from?

Unfortunately, this computer has DOS/Windows on a primary "C:" drive, but
the "D:" drive is in an extended partition, and Linux would see it as
/hda5.

On the other physical drive, the DOS logical drives are all in an
extended partition, so would be /hdb6 and /hdb7, I think.