baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 mail menu

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 mail menu
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:04:05 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, James Miller wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
>
> > Sindi Keesan wrote:
> > >
> > > I could not see the numbers that I typed
> >
> > Sounds like a bug. It would be useful if you could track
> > down the cause. Nothing like that has ever happen on the
> > two computers I use for testing.
>
> I think she said she was using a monochrome monitor. Could that be the
> cause? I know some color menus on a monochrome monitor I used to use
> wouldn't show text I was typing because, in monochrome, the text and the
> menu background were the same "color" (shade of gray/black).

We plugged in a color monitor while this problem was occurring, and it
still did not show any numbers. Perhaps the fact that it started with a
mono monitor in the first place confused something, and then plugging in
teh color VGA monitor fixed that? The missing letters problem (in mail
menu) also went away after we rebooted, possibly with the color monitor.

I just booted that computer again with BL3 and mono monitor.

The numbers are visible in mail menu, even after booting with the mono
monitor. They were not the first two times I booted, BEFORE plugging in
the color VGA monitor. So maybe plugging in that monitor made some
permanent change to something. I will try installing BL3 to some other
computer with mono VGA and see if the problem recurs.