baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 mail menu

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 mail menu
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:27:36 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I could not see the numbers that I typed

Sounds like a bug. It would be useful if you could track
down the cause. Nothing like that has ever happen on the
two computers I use for testing.

> > Are you booting from bare DOS?
>
> No, we have himem.sys and emm386.exe in config.sys,

Then that could be the cause of your problem. Both of
those crash Xvesa for me.

> because this is a DOS computer used for DOS as well as BL3.
> I thought the whole point of BL was for use on a DOS computer,
> not on its own computer,

Not necessarily. It boots from DOS because unzip-and-boot is
simple and doesn't require partitioning. As for BL3, I'm
hoping that some dusty computers (currently used for nothing)
might get a new life as Xterminals.

> and I can't use DOS very well without autoexec.bat and config.sys.

I'm sure somebody as experienced as you knows how to do a
config.sys menu. Or simply press SHIFT when DOS boots to
bypass config.sys and autoexec.bat.

> I will see if booting from a bare DOS on floppy disk fixes
> the lack of a cursor in rxvt.

Your rxvt never has a cursor??? Even when running solo?
Something is weird there. Could be a milder form of the
Xvesa clash.

P.S. Do you know what partition your DrDOS systems use for C:?
I'd like to add that option to the BL3 boot routine.