homestead - [Homestead] Cops, was Has anyone heard about this?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Cops, was Has anyone heard about this?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 22:46:01 -0800

Simply more race baiting. Do folks not realise that when they scream race about every little thing that pretty soon you have the Peter and the Wolf thing going on?

Is racism alive and well. You betcha! Was this racial profiling. NO! And his lawyer buddy knows damn well it isn't. Being sent to look for a specific identity type is not profiling and his lawyer buddy knows it. He was most uncomfortable when asked about lawsuits!

Lynda
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

>snip<

I have to change the subject a bit and ask this question...
Last night, President Obama got involved and made comments about the
arrest of his Harvard friend. I thought it was really inappropriate of
the President to do that, especially considering the remarks he made
saying that the police acted stupidly. I'm thinking that he just did
not have the whole story.
It is my understanding that a neighbor called the police to report 2
black men breaking into the house next door. The police arrived....(the
cops weren't just driving by and targeting two black guys). My
thinking, and probably the officer's thinking, is that the neighbor who
called would not have called if she thought the intruder was the
homeowner. So, the cops get there and the two men are inside the home.
Gates refuses to show ID at first, refuses to come outside, and is loud
and boisterous and abuse to the police. When he does show ID to prove
he is who he says, it is a Harvard ID, not one with a home address. All
he had to do was to provide a simple driver's license or something with
his address and picture on it. How hard is that? But no, in striking
modus operandi similar to Obama's refusal to ask questions, he refuses
to provide the requested information, and goes on the offensive, calling
the officer a racist. I think the whole thing is a setup for a lawsuit.
The police officer was doing his job. Many times, a homeowner can be in
the house with a burglar and not even know it. The officer was right to
question Gates and the other guy.
I'm wondering if Obama read the police report.
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/07/23/0498.001.pdf
Arresting someone for Disorderly Conduct is almost always a judgment
call. I'm glad the charges were dropped, but I back the officer's call
to arrest him. It sounds to me as if the guy was acting irrational and
out of character for a Harvard professor.
At any rate, I don't think the President should have commented on the
matter, and I certainly don't agree with his comments.
What do y'all think about that?