homestead - Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:33:02 -0400

Bev; Did you follow the links? It doesn't say what WND says it does. WND says:

'The website of the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands, however, states clearly the certification of live birth touted by the Obama campaign, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs and a host of other Obama defenders is not acceptable as a form of identification to qualify under this program. '

It doesn't say that at all. In fact, it negates their argument (why WND isn't taken seriously...ALWAYS check their 'facts'...they are frequesntly wrong). The Department of Hawaiian Homelands website says:

"Although original birth certificates (Certificates of Live Birth) are preferred for their greater detail, the State Department of Health (DOH) no longer issues Certificates of Live Birth. When a request is made for a copy of a birth certificate, the DOH issues a Certification of Live Birth." (see full text below)

Obama has a Certification of Live Birth...i.e. what the State Department of Health issues. Note, they NO LONGER ISSUE the Certificate of Live Birth everyone says Obama is hiding. He didn't "pick" anything. He was issued what they issue.

Full text:
Primary Documents

Birth certificates (Certificates of Live Birth and Certifications of Live Birth) and Certificates of Hawaiian Birth are the primary documents used to determine native Hawaiian qualification.

The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands accepts both Certificates of Live Birth (original birth certificate) and Certifications of Live Birth because they are official government records documenting an individual's birth. The Certificate of Live Birth generally has more information which is useful for genealogical purposes as compared to the Certification of Live Birth which is a computer-generated printout that provides specific details of a person's birth. Although original birth certificates (Certificates of Live Birth) are preferred for their greater detail, the State Department of Health (DOH) no longer issues Certificates of Live Birth. When a request is made for a copy of a birth certificate, the DOH issues a Certification of Live Birth.

Lynn Wigglesworth

Tioga Co. PA