homestead - Re: [Homestead] More spring palnting

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More spring palnting
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 14:45:54 -0800 (PST)

Yea, Bev, the only way I could buy beans was by the six-pack. They didn't
have any 4" pots and, actually, very few six-packs. I had called the nursery
earlier in the week. She told me the truck wouldn't be in until Friday, so I
planned my trip around that. Of couse , I had already planted the tomatoes,
and still had one garden plot of plants where most survived the winter. And,
my greens are all still growing.

They didn't have okra, she said she had no idea how long, but I should be
getting my seeds from Gurneys, Monday. In the fall, I believe i bought okra
in a six-pack, but it might have been 4" pots.