homestead - Re: [Homestead] More spring palnting

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More spring palnting
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 16:06:56 -0800

If it is old, you'll need a new gasket. You should be near sea level. You wouldn't use 15 pounds, so you might want to check the weight and see if it has multiple weight designations on it or if it is the type that comes apart and you add the pieces for more weight.

Just a hint, the best thing to do is to run a load of caned water for your first "canning" operation. The canned water is good for just having around and that way you don't spoil any "real" food.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

Lynda it has a weight (15, I think, Susan Jane helped me figure out that part and I bookmarked the pdf for this particular cooker). I saw the site you mentioned for Leslie, I'll keep that, also. To be honest, it is pretty apparent that my pressure canner was never used, so it should be safe; but I'll let the wife use it the first time :-)