homestead - Re: [Homestead] More spring palnting

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More spring palnting
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 00:29:32 -0500

Great idea! 6 bean seeds, and I could charge, what?? $2.50 ???
Wow, why didn't I think of that?
Like you say, beans grow in air practically...
OR, I can get my friends and neighbors to start saving things like yogurt cups and sell individual bean plants. Market it as educational for kids and of course, food in this tough economy. All they would have to do it stick it in the dirt! I'd bet I could get $1 per plant!
We should try it!

Lynda wrote:
Big city stuff. Most of the folks in the big cities expect to have the work
done for them. Quite honestly, most (not you necessarily Bob <g>) don't have a clue about gardening and they make a ton of money off them by selling plants for things that would grow by simply tossing seeds.

The ex's grandfather and his uncles owned/own a BIG nursery down in Sonoma County. They made the big bucks by selling six packs to folks down in the Bay Area and, in particular, Marin County!

Bev

Lynda wrote:
Beans grow if you toss them on the ground. The Jack & the Beanstalk
story was semi-based in fact. They are one of the few seeds that
have close to a 100% successful germination rate.

--

EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia