homestead - Re: [Homestead] big agri-biz

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] big agri-biz
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:01:03 -0800 (PST)

****** marked by asteriks

--- On Fri, 12/19/08, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> In all this tedious and often sophomoric blather about world economy, my
> focus, and the focus of the active homesteaders here, has been "How does
> this affect us?" Most of the time, not much.

****** So, if someone whose husband pay's child support loses his job will
not have much effect?, or someone whose husband works for a Ford delaership
not much effect? or someone whose outside work is with a state agency not be
affected? That is simplistic naiive and wrong.

What Paulson, Bernanke, and Bush are presently doing is attempting the old
"Create inflation to get us out of deflation since deflation affects the idle
ass-sitter more than it does those who work".

****** They are 'attempting' to stave off deflation which (their attempt)
'might' lead to inflation

That is, if this plays out as they plan, we will be in hyper-inflation and
any cash we are holding will lose value markedly.

****** maybe.maybe not. If in 2 or 3 years as you have proclaimed we are in
a Zimbabwe setting paying billions of dollars for a loaf of bread, then yes,
the fear that some of us have of hyper-inflation will have been realized, and
that prospect is frightening to any sensible person. But to see that 'will'
occur is beyond foolish.

So the plan must be to convert as much cash as possible into real goods
(which does not include gold) which will resist the inflation.

******* James, you don't have the knowledge to dispense financial advice. I
have read enough from you over the years to know that your knowledge of
finances is the equivalent to my knowlegw of livestock disease. Many smart
people think that gold is a hard and real asset with which they can buy
farmland ,tools, grains, whatever. Maybe they are right, maybe they are
wrong. But, high finance is not , for you, an area of expertise.

******* There are no children on this list. If a person desires to live a
mundane hardscrabble life of financial poverty, that is 'easy'. Actually, I
can't think of anything easier . If a person uses their brain along with
their back, poverty doesn't need to be the case.

It seems to me that your greatest joy, these days, is hoping and planning for
the failure of others. Take care of yourself. Try to learn to enjoy what
you have instead of becoming giddy over the potential downfall of others.
Advise us on how best to plow, but until you tell me who pays for any
multi-hundred-thousand dollar potential medicals bills for your family
members,and until you show me where the value of gold, this year, has fallem
more than the value of agricultural commodities and farmland, don't expect
for your financial pronouncements to be taken seriously.

You can 'opine', and 'opine'; but expect to be able to 'prove' your points in
the future. No more nonsense.