homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fitness

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fitness
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 15:09:57 -0500

Cathy wrote:

I hesitate to enter this discussion beyond offering links (the ACE
link has especially good info, IMO) because I currently am a prime
example of knowing and not doing. When I was a "fitness" person, I
found that it was important to train beyond my regular demands.

Yes...I believe that, too. It is standard training philosophy. When I
trained to run the Peachtree Road race years ago, I would run far
greater distances than the 10k...up hills down hills,,,all
weather...just to make darn sure I could do it in the event it turned
out to be 100 degrees on the Fourth of July. There was no way I wanted
to embarrass myself with a poor time or gasping for breath at the end.
I wanted it to be a walk in the park.<g>
And yes, it is the ACE link that I am using. I even pulled up some
personal trainers in my area, not that I would call one, but I wanted to
see how many there were out there, and there were quite a few..

Bev

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda