homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fitness

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fitness
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 15:00:36 -0500

After monitoring my diet for a couple of weeks, I can tell you that I
eat, on average about 1700 calories a day-my high was 2600 and my low
was 800.(excluding Thanksgiving-3200) I'm 5'11 Gene. Most folks eat
three times what I eat. I don't think I should be eating less...
differently maybe, but not less calories. I think I should be eating
small portions throughout the day, not one meal and one snack, as I do.
And, for me, I like the feeling I get when I exercise, so for me, it is
easier to consistently exercise. In college, when I ran cross country,
I would always get my "high" before my friends...I get some good
endorphin releases from exercise, so in addition to the physical
benefit, there is a good psychological benefit. But, just so you know,
I have made some lifestyle changes regarding diet, too, like eliminating
coke from my diet and reducing the amount of cream and sugar in my
coffee. I'm working towards drinking black coffee.

Bev

Gene GeRue wrote:

It is easier to consistently eat less than to consistently exercise more.

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda