homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fitness

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fitness
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 06:32:35 -0700

On Dec 12, 2008, at 9:21 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

Remember, I don't want
to make any changes in diet, just add non-cardio exercise (to the
homestead routine and the biking) which will improve my strength(build
muscle) and flexibility....

And lose fifty pounds? Forget it. Calories in, calories out. If you really want to reduce your weight by fifty pounds you must eat less and work your body more.

My body is happiest when my mind is happiest. When at Heartwood I am doing those things that I am passionate about and that is my focus, so I focus much less on food. Discipline for me is drinking no more than three beers a day.