homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fitness

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fitness
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 13:32:18 -0800 (PST)

Bev , a few things that work for me...........

1) I only eat home-made or hand-made Candies -- never mass-produced store
bought. The homemade are very hard to find, and the hand-made at the candy
shop are expensive. I still like the occasional candy, but eat it rarely, by
using this rule.

2) I only eat ice cream in the summer, when it is hot. I can't buy homemade
ice cream, but I buy smaller amounts of 'better' ice cream. This rule helps
me to cut down on ice-cream intake.

3) I keep a lot of stuff like roasted peanuts and popcorn for when I am
hungry between meals, so that I don't end up cooking a burger or a pork chop
(or two) for a mid-day snack. I was always thin, But, once you pass a
certain age 'and' quit smoking, a few extra pounds seem inevitable.

* 4) The thing that helped me most, except for the occasional pleasures
(Like cheeseckake or those listed above),is that I do 'not' use sugar. I
drink caffeine-free diet Dr. Pepper. It is the only dark colored soft drink
, in diet form, that I find palatable . My wife uses that sugar substitue
that you called poison, for tea, coffeee, and some cooking.

5) the exercise thing is personal, you know that of which you are capable and
that you are motivated enough to do; no-one else can know that.......