homestead - Re: [Homestead] Canning Chicken

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Canning Chicken
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 17:09:14 -0400

Both Lynda and James wrote about this, but if you dry pack raw chicken
like the method I see, does the chicken make broth during the canning
process? You have liquid in the jar with the chicken in the end,
right?

30 broilers are in the cooler. 15 to go next week.

It's tempting to just put them in the freezer, but I'd like to keep
some space free and am trying to not use the freezer so much.

Rob - Va